Interest Check: FULLSET Crate
At FULLSET we're constantly exploring new ideas, driven by our own needs and desires. While some projects come to fruition, others don't. But for pretty much every idea that sticks around in our head for more than a few days, we usually push to at least getting it through the ideation, conception and prototype stage.
One of these projects is an extremely functional and awesome looking shelve insert (IKEA KALLAX/EXPEDIT compatible) for your retrogaming consoles and accessories.
While the internet is swamped with pictures of impressive retro gaming setups, their level of presentation often leaves a lot to be desired. Let's face it: Just putting your beloved gaming consoles on shelves doesn't do them any justice, nor is it much fun to do so. The moment you start wiring them up with your expensive scart cables, supplies and other accessories is usually where things get frustrating. The chaos quickly becomes uncontainable.
The FULLSET Crate addresses all of these problems, plus adds much more goodies:
- Caters for a very slick presentation of your beloved consoles
- Removable plexi window cover adds to the presentation and helps reducing entry of dust and dirt
- Hidden compartment for power supplies and other accessories like the Dreamcast TORO VGA box
- Nicely sized drawer for controllers, games and other accessories
- Separate, matching drawers-only variant for even more controllers, games and other accessories
- Designed in Australia, to be manufactured and shipped from Germany
While we're currently working full-speed on getting the final design and production line in place, we wanted to give you a first glimpse on the prototypes we've built and are using as part of our own setups for over a year now.
The FULLSET Crate fits most consoles. Here's a non-exhaustive list:
- NES / Famicom
- SNES / Super Famicom
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Nintendo Wii U
- Nintendo 64
- Sega MegaDrive / Genesis 1, 2, 3
- Sega Dreamcast
- Sega Saturn
- PC-Engine / TurboGrafx-16 including Terraonion SSDS3
- SuperGrafx (only fits standalone, not with SSDS3 installed.. we could extend the depth of the crate for you if you don't mind sticking out a bit on the backside of your shelve)
- PlayStation 1
- Analogue Nt Mini, Super Nt, Mega Sg
- Most consolized Neo Geo MVS systems
- Many others
It does not fit:
- Sega Master System
- Neo Geo AES
Consoles still to be verified:
- Commodore Amiga CD 32
- Neo Geo CD (top loader model seems to generally work, but is kind of a tight fit. we can extend the depth of the crate a bit on request though)
- Nintendo Wii (U)
While some of the more modern consoles technically fit as well, we can't officially recommend/support these being used in the FULLSET Crate, given the limited space / airflow inside the unit.
We hope you like what you see and would love to hear your feedback!
Please use the following form to tell us should you be interested and/or have any questions: